Mr. Men Little Miss celebrate 50th Anniversary by inviting consumers to vote for two new characters
In a world-first, Mr. Men & Little Miss fans will have the chance to cast their vote from a selection of new diverse faces and help decide on two new characters, in order to shape the next 50 years of the brand! This is so exciting!!
A family favourite for 50 years, there’s a Mr. Men Little Miss character (or two!) inside us all, with a diverse cast of over 90 beloved characters to discover. For the first time ever, we, the general public will be able to decide the next characters to be turned into classic Mr. Men Little Miss books. Yes, that’s right, we get to choose! We all have a multitude of different personality traits and with a diverse cast of over 90 characters to choose from, now is the time to ‘Discover You’.
Fans can vote for their favourite here: www.mrmen.com: Voting closes on the 31st March, with the winners announced later in the year.
The characters each have a new, unique personality, just like you! Sit down with the kids and work out which one you think is yours and which one is theirs? *Secretly wishing I was Little Miss Energy right now!
Whether you have an inner sense of zen like Mr. Calm, are always putting others first like Little Miss Kind, have the heart of a lion like Little Miss Brave, have a can-do attitude like Mr. Brilliant or are full of zest like little Miss Energy, there’s part of a character inside everyone, so head online to Discover You and vote for your favourite.
The Mr. Men Little Miss 50th Anniversary in 2021 provides an opportunity to reflect on the role the brand has played for many generations of kids and adults across the world. Our celebrations will lead with two new characters chosen by our fans joining our family of well-loved characters and we can’t wait to see which 2 are chosen.Alastair McHarrie, Sanrio Licensing Director
Incredibly, when the late Roger Hargreaves created the Mr. Men character, Mr. Tickle, in 1971, the book went on to sell a million copies in just three years.
It’s amazing to see people are still connecting to the books after 50 years, they have always been about getting people to relate with the unique characters and identify the different traits of their own personalities, so it’s great to involve the fans and let them help shape the next 50 years of Mr. Men.Adam Hargreaves, son of the original creator
My favourite fun facts about Mr Men. Little Miss
With a cast of over 90 characters the Mr. Men and Little Miss have brought fun and laughter to generations of families for over 50 years.
- Currently one Mr. Men and Little Miss book is sold every 2.5 seconds worldwide, and lifetime sales total 250 million books.
- Mr. Men Little Miss books are published in 17 languages worldwide
- It seems Girl Power rules in Australia, with the top selling books for 2020 including Little Miss Sunshine and Little Miss Hug!
- Founded by the late Roger Hargreaves the series was created in 1971 starting with Mr. Tickle, turning 50 in 2021
- Roger Hargreaves died in 1988, aged 53, his son, Adam Hargreaves continued the business writing and drawing the Mr. Men Little Miss books
- The first Mr. Men book, Mr. Tickle, was rejected by all the big publishers in the UK, before being published by Fabbri book in 1971 The largest European growth markets are Greece and Israel, which have seen year on year sales double since 2017 and double sales figures since 2018 retrospectively
- China is predicted to expand the Mr. Men Little Miss business with the 25% market share following doubling year on year sales
HURRY AND GET YOUR VOTE IN TODAY AT: WWW.MRMEN.COM: VOTING CLOSES ON THE 31ST MARCH, WITH THE WINNERS ANNOUNCED LATER IN THE YEAR.