Melbourne’s annual Anime, Manga and Gaming Convention is back, and bigger than ever before. It’s promising to be a weekend you’ll never forget!!
Are you ready for the giant that is the Animaga Expo? This years expo promises to be it’s best yet, so for any one who loves Anime, Manga and Gaming you do not want to miss out!
‘Animaga is bigger, better, bolder. Consisting of a team of anime lovers, the Animaga team aims to bring fans and creators together to celebrate their love for anime culture from Japan by presenting a range of fan-driven interactive activities to Melbourne’
Event organisers are promising more than ever before! More guests, more activities and lots more fun! This really is the leading Anime event in Melbourne!
Manga (漫画 manga) are comics or graphic novels created in Japan or by creators in the Japanese language, conforming to a style developed in Japan in the late 19th century. They have a long and complex pre-history in earlier Japanese art
Created by fans for fans, the Animaga team is bringing world-class anime and first class manga games, all combined with the very best of Japanese fashion and pop culture! There will be so many awesome things to spend your money on, so make sure you take your reusable shopping bags and all your pocket money!
This event will be a Japanese pop culture fan’s dream.
Animaga 2019 highlights will include:
- Meet and greets with your anime, manga, and gaming idols.
- The Animaga Maid Café, where the much loved kawaii Maids are happy to entertain guests with games, dancing and much more!
- Gunpla Workshop where you can learn everything about the Gundam models- Gunpla and what you can do with them.
- Animaga Gaming Area -Yes! It’s back!!! Take time out to enjoy a variety of games!
- Karaoke Video Gaming
- Drawing Tuition
- The famous cosplay competition featuring stunning guests Hakken and Onnies, who shall bear witness to the fascinating craftsmanship displayed on stage. Whether it’s the coolest armour or the delightful gags, these competitions always bring in a wide range of skills and characters who are just eager to show them off!!
Animaga 2019 is your premiere anime festival in Melbourne
Venue: Royal Exhibition Building,
9 Nicholson St, Carlton VIC 3053
Price: Adults – 1 Day $40 Weekend $60 Children – 1 Day $25 Weekend $40 (Children’s prices apply for 3 to 12 year olds.) Companion cards are welcome.
TOP TIP: The immediate area surrounding the building offers an excellent setting for cosplay photography.
The word anime is the Japanese term for animation, which means all forms of animated media. Outside Japan, anime refers specifically to animation from Japan or as a Japanese-disseminated animation style often characterised by colourful graphics, vibrant characters and fantastical themes.