If you thought the tennis was intense, you should see everything on offer for Kids & Families this year!! An unforgettable experience awaits!
The Australian Open is one of the worlds greatest sporting events, and this year, it’s even better… especially for the kids!
The incredible AO Ballpark presented by Emirates has officially opened at Birrarung Marr and has grown a whopping 4 x in size this year! That’s right, 4 times in size, taking up both the upper and lower terraces of Birrarung Marr. I told you it was whopping!
The AO Ballpark is the place to be for all of Melbourne’s cool kids, catering for a range of ages from the very small to the…well…very grown up! The fun isn’t all tennis focussed, far from it. Aside from the hot shots tennis courts where the kids can go all McEnroe on you, there are go karts, a zip line, LEGO fun, a super soaker battle zone, a nail biting sky flyer ride, a Ninja Warrior style obstacle course, a wonderful Disney themed section, and an awesome splash zone too! That’s where we’ll be cooling down!
There’s something for all ages from tiny tots to 10 year olds, and the NEW AO Hilltop especially for 10+ year olds.
It’s unbelievable I know, but all of this fun is on offer for just $5. The Australian Open kids ground pass ticket grants access to the new location in Birrarung Marr, encompassing both the Upper and Lower Terrace. For all you foodies, rest assured there are plenty of options, my personal favourite being the Pinchy’s Lobster bar! Yes maaaam’!
Offering kids of all ages even more summer fun than ever!
Let’s face it, we only go to the tennis to catch a glimpse of Rafa’s biceps, so for all the parents out there who’d like some time out to “watch the tennis” without having to keep one eye on the kiddos, get them booked into the awesome Kids Club and kick back!
A kids ground pass is just $5 for kids 3- 14 years and free for kids 2 year and under.
Onsite childcare is available every day at the AO, making the event even better! Your kids will have nonstop fun at the tennis and entertainment program.
Liv’s top tips:
- Take drink bottles. There are lots of refill stations!
- Pack your hats!!!
- Pack plenty of sunscreen. Although there are lots of shady areas, it is very exposed, and you’re outdoors for many hours.
- Pack your swimmers and a towel. The changing facilities for families are great so don’t worry about where you can change!
- Take a packed lunch, and snacks because food is pricey.. delicious, but pricey!
- Save your pocket money for ‘merch’ as there is some awesome AO 2020 merchandise on offer!
- Wear comfy shoes, and make sure the kids have closed toes as they won’t be allowed on the rides or to climb without them.
- Get a good night’s sleep beforehand as it is a big day at the Open!