Weekends are all about food in our house. We plan our weekend feasts well in advance so we know we have something delicious to look forward to. Thankfully Tim is a keen cook, so I can sit back, keep the wine flowing and leave him to cook up a storm for the team. This weekend he blew me away with this Quick Malaysian Curry so I just had to share it with you. Enjoy! xx
Quick Malaysian Curry
2 tablespoons of Murray River Organics virgin coconut oil.
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, grated
Thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
1 tsp dried coriander
1 tsp dried turmeric
1 tsp dried fennel
1 tsp dried hot paprika
1 cardamom pod
1 tsp cinnamon
1 star anise
500 mls of organic coconut milk
2 cups of organic green beans
2 organic chicken breast fillets (500g) or Tofu for a plant based option, cut into 1cm strips
1 cup toasted organic cashews
Cracked black pepper, to serve
- Heat the coconut oil in large shallow pan over high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Keep the pan on the heat, and add spices to toast gently. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 4–5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the chicken into the pan with the softened onion, and coat with the spices.
- Add the coconut milk and green beans and simmer gently.
- In a small pan, toast the cashews until golden.
- Remove the Malaysian curry from heat, place into bowls and scatter the toasted cashews on the top.